Celadon is a locally owned & operated home furnishings & lifestyle store offering, solid-wood furniture, custom upholstery, one-of-a-kinds, rugs, and unique accessories sourced from local makers and artisans around the world. Celadon has been in business for 26 years. Our locations of operation include our flagship store in Mt. Pleasant, our warehouse/outlet in North Charleston, and our online presence.
- Salary based
- Bonus opportunities
- Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Simple IRA
- Employee Discounts
Celadon is seeking a Warehouse Manager, with a strong work ethic, excellent team building & mentoring skills, to lead our Warehouse team and operations. The Warehouse Manager supervises six team members and a 10,000 sq ft facility in North Charleston, SC.
The Warehouse Manager will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, dispatch of all Celadon goods, while providing leadership, direction, and motivation to the warehouse team. Additionally, the Warehouse Manager’s scope of responsibility includes workplace health and safety standards, as well as the security of the building and inventory.
- Monitor staff and ensure daily goals are met, including reports, deliveries, loading/unloading of trucks and containers
- Lead, motivate and train staff for peak performance.
- Brief team daily basis of current events, activities, and daily direction
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene, and security in the work environment
- Clearly understand and follow all company policies and procedures
- Plan schedules to ensure proper staffing
- Process timecards for payroll
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly, and dispatch of goods
- Ensure timely processing of saleable merchandise
- Plan future capacity requirements for large deliveries
- Ensure productivity targets are met
- Inventory management and accuracy
- Ensure inventory is packaged and transported properly to prevent damages
- Provide outstanding customer service. This location is open to customers on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Communicate daily with store leadership
- Attends all weekly managers meetings at Mt. Pleasant location
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school or equivalent
- Management experience required (2-5 years preferred)
- People management skills, including the ability to lead, inspire and motivate others, delegate work
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Confident with computerized systems: Microsoft, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Reliable, trustworthy and enthusiastic
- Problem-solving skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of the legal & safety requirements of operating a warehouse preferred
- 40 to 45 hours weekly
- Biweekly weekends required