Furniture and Accessories Store Receiver
Celadon’s unique company culture demands flexibility, adaptability, multi-tasking and willingness to embrace customized solutions for our customers & teams. Outstanding communication with rapport building skills is required to ensure exceptional team cohesiveness & customer experience.
Celadon is a locally owned & operated home furnishings & lifestyle store offering, solid-wood furniture, custom upholstery, one-of-a-kinds, rugs, and unique accessories sourced from local makers and artisans around the world. Celadon’s distinctive style is classic but current, casual but sophisticated with a free-spirited, global point of view. Clean, European lines and natural materials are the bones, while curiosities from buying trips around the globe tell the rest of the story. Celadon has been in business for 25 years, encompassing Mt. Pleasant Retail Store, North Charleston Outlet & our new online presence. Check us out at http://celadonathome.com
Job Title: Receiving Associate
Hours: Full -Time, Tuesday-Saturday, 40 hours
Salary: Hourly, bonus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pricing Home Furnishings and Accessories
- Loading and unloading of customer purchases/returns at store
- Assist warehouse associates with product replenishment.
- Prepare sold items for pick up/delivery (i.e bubble wrap, plastic wrap, ect.)
- Processing Damages Claims: Must report defective materials and complete & file damage reports
- General Housekeeping duties at the store
- Work with store management in performing furniture moves in the store
- Removal of Shipping Materials (break down cardboard and dispose in proper manner on-site)
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a high school education or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate clearly, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Customer service skills a MUST! Must be well groomed and able to interact with customers.
- Proficient computer skills – Email/Word/Excel/Outlook
- Must be an organized, detailed oriented and honest.
- Resourceful and ability to problem solve.
- Required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, sit, bend, reach and move about the facility.
- Required to utilize ladders to perform various duties, throughout store. (i.e. hanging large rugs, install and uninstall light fixtures, change in-store signage as well as outdoor marquee, ect.)
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment while receiving shipments.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.