Office Manager/Accounting Generalist
We are a successful local company seeking to fill our Office Manager/Accounting Generalist position. The Office Manager/Accounting Generalist will be responsible for a variety of basic to moderately complex tasks related to Financial Operations including but not limited to regular financial reports such as multiple variations on P&L, Balance Sheet, COGS and cash flow. Daily accounting for AP, AR, reconciliation, payroll processing, sales tax and inventory adjustments. HR duties including maintaining personnel records, E-Verify, tracking vacation/sick time, implementing policies, and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, KNOWLEDGE, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for all facets of accounting and financial tracking & management
* Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
* Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying Federal ID numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
* Prepare multiple financial reports for monthly meeting and attend for discussion.
* Process bi-weekly payroll that includes multiple commission and bonus levels.
* Prepares cash flow reports and processes check run twice a month.
* Calculate COGS and make adjustment entries monthly.
* Prepare bank wires for domestic and international purchasing.
* Reconciles multiple accounts monthly.
* Calculates, reports and pays sales taxes each month.
* Maintains Trade and gift accounts.
* Maintains records by filing documents.
* Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
* Process new hire and termination information, complete e-Verify and employee files appropriately, provide correct information to employees regarding all HR aspects including health insurance.
* Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as accounting, typing, data processing, and two (2) years of office manager related experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Experience
* MS Word and MS Excel
* Commercial Accounting
* Inventory Software/POS
* Keen attention to detail
* Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented environment
* Strong administrative and critical thinking skills
* Personable and flexible